Thursday, December 5, 2013

Life is so much easier with a sense of humor...

What's a better way to wrap up the blogs for the semester than a humor blog? Okay, maybe one that gives away money or prizes or something but whatever...this will do. So here are a couple websites you might get a laugh from!



So first, we have The Oatmeal. Everything on the site comes from a dude named Matthew Inman. He has created a blog with his illustrations featured on his comic strips and quizzes. What's really awesome that I discovered when surfing through the site..I actually already own a (small) book by Inman that was first a comic strip!
This comic strip to be exact....


(And after reading it I determined Snowball indeed showed all signs of plotting to kill me, so if I ever show up dead..well you know what hellcat to blame)

The comics can all be bought in either poster form or like what I purchased, an actual book, which is really cool. There is a whole collection of other funny comics on the site, a few of my favorite, aside from the one above, being: What it means when you say "literally" , What we SHOULD have been taught in our senior year of high school, and How Everything Goes to Hell During a Zombie Apocalypse

                                     

And the quizzes are just as quirky as the comics. I discovered that my body could feed 39 hungry weasels which has created a feeling of purpose in my life....along with a new found fear of hungry weasels.




Next, there's Cracked. The layout of this website is oddly reminiscent of like, CNN to me. Almost a parody of CNN...yeah..that's how I'm gonna phrase it. The site is comprised of articles and videos that make fun of pretty much anything pop culture (television shows and games) and then there's some science stuff and some other stuff on top of the other stuff. (I have a way with words, I'm aware)


Anyone can become a writer on this website. With the articles and videos, there are also podcasts. When you look around, there's more than just snarky articles, but as well as very informative articles (the one I found most interesting was 5 Lost Documents That Shatter Your Image of Famous People)

But because I am very childish I really liked 15 Texts from Last Night From Famous Superheroes


(how I will envision every conversation with Batman and Robin)



Engrish is the next humor site. It can simply be summed up as repeated mistakes foreign countries make when translating to English. They have a "brog" (lololol AKA blog) and a store for all their merchandise. Here are a couple of my favorite wonky translations:







0 comments: