Monday, October 7, 2013

Class Critique

This week, as cruel punishment, we have to critique our fellow classmates' blogs. And if there's anything worse than giving criticism, it's getting it. So I'm anxious to see what all is wrong with my blog -.- But you know what they say.....

Okay...don't hold my complete idiocy against me....please... I will fix it

I'll make links to each blog so if anyone wants to click them and check them out, feel free! And so it begins -



I really loved the format of this blog. It was very easily read and pleasing to the eye. I like that you personalized a picture for the header! The poll was a nice touch on your blog, too...I was sure to vote. I think the stats could be moved below your about me, it just seems a little out of place there. And maybe some other gadgets to the side to go along. 



You went all out for your about me and even added a picture which is helpful to your blog viewers, I like that. You could use a few more pictures to splice up the monotony in the longer paragraphs. You should add some other gadgets to the side of your page.




So Allyson's my good friend. But I'd also love to see her downfall because she brags about her page views everyday to me. (Hate you Allyson) It really kills me to say there's really nothing wrong with her page. I like the blog title, with the subtitle underneath, it's easy to read, she uses pictures within the posts. But AHA, you could put some more about you on there. :P




I'd like to see some type of background to Alexis's page - I already really like the colors together, purple's a favorite of mine. I don't understand the blog title, "avib." I'd say either change it or explain it or spell it out or just whatever you have to do. The blog posts are a bit short, mostly in the first posts though. Also, add some more detailed pictures apart from logos and you're set!



 I would say your page is just a little plain. Add a different title, put more about yourself, use pictures here and there. And then I just got really nit picky about capitalizing stuff within the blog but as far blog posts go, you're catching up and provide an honest review to each.



I like how in depth you went for each blog, but splice them up a little bit more. The color combo is crazy for me, though I do like them, and maybe changing the font would make it simpler to read. Also the blog archive is located all the way at the bottom of the page, it would be better placed to the side I think?



Your background is nice and everything is pretty easy to read. You use a LOT of pictures. When you are showing something (the interface of a program or how to do something) this is very useful. Some of the pictures though, are a little unnecessary. The numbers for each critique..there is where it's a bit much. I admire your work though, I wish I could put that much effort into it! Also, put a little about yourself!



I really LOL'd at your header. Nice. Very nice. Though you don't have an 'About Me' gadget added, your 'Who I Am' post does a great job of telling everyone about yourself. Some of the blogs are a bit lengthy with no pictures to demonstrate what you're talking about. Just a bit plain.



You go very in depth about the products but you need to break up the really long paragraphs so it will be people friendly. You have a great assortment of pictures in your posts but they're all over the place. There's no format to them. Make them all the same size and switch up the placement every now and then but not as much. 



I see you are catching up on the blog posts. Your profile is a little plain, you would never know any of your interests or about you. Add a subtitle to your blog title and a cool graphic to the background. And also, one of the pictures run over but that's easily fixed with changing the post widths.


You could personalize the blog a little more. You do have a picture of yourself and also, you are one of the firsts I have seen post something other than assignments..which ew by the way, so that's cool...just add more pictures or an about me or a background...I dunno really.

12. Chis Ball

Well, well, well...we meet again Chris Ball...and I happen to like my calendar :P But anyway, you also posted about personal experience and not only class assignments and that will make your blog funner to read. Just the usual, add more about yourself and some more pictures.


The blog is really plain, but very easy to read. There are no pictures throughout the whole blog. I can tell you are catching up on the work, so you're a bit off, but the lengths of the blogs are fine. Just add some pizazz to it!


Let me just sum this up by saying, I'm no techie and apart from putting more about yourself (said it so many times it's etched in my brain) and catching up I would say the blogs are looking better.

2 comments:

Reluctant Squible said...

Nothing to say but good, and I know it kills your soul.

Unknown said...

She has a soul, I learn something everyday...