Sunday, October 13, 2013

3 Free Software Programs You Might Like.....

Now that I have my template fixed and all that nice stuff...*ahem daily calendar has been removed* I'm now going to post 3 free software programs that I think are pretty useful after trials with them all.



The first up is BootMed. BootMed is made to recover failed or malware-infected Windows PC installations. I have to be honest and say that I didn't find this on my own, but in fact my brother told me about it when my laptop was having a mental breakdown a few weeks ago. My laptop just wouldn't boot. My brother had already burned a copy of BootMed to a disc and helped me to get it running. So, that's all I knew of the program. So I looked up all the different things BootMed can do:




Next up...Seesmic.



Seesmic is all of your social media outlets in one. It lets you log into Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and streams it on one outlet. There are paid competitors so Seesmic, but why would you pay for something you could get for free? (Valid argument for everything) It works on Windows and Mac. Here is a preview of the basic interface when logged in:


As you can tell from the picture, there is a lot to see. I will say Seesmic needs to trim some of the features and make it easier to use. So many things listed at once gets a little confusing. Still, you can switch right through your social medias easier on this software. 


Finally, we have Freemake Video Converter...


The name is pretty much self explanatory for this one. This software will download video off websites such as Youtube, MTV, and Hulu. Videos that could only be viewed online are saved for offline viewing with Freemake. It's a lot simpler looking than Seesmic and it takes a short time (that I've seen) to convert the videos. The most it has taken me to download a 43 minute episode was 10 minutes. You can also edit the videos, which I haven't put to use just yet.  Here are some pictures of it's format as well:


It's probably my favorite of the three and I have used it more than any of the others.

Well, until next time :D



0 comments: