Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How I feel about Evernote....

I am just now getting the hang of Evernote and its suite of software and services. I'm still getting confused using it, but with every use I'm familiarizing myself with it. It's pretty nifty though especially when surfing around online on my college's computers. I just save a link, picture, quote, or even a whole webpage if needed, to Evernote, and it will be saved in a Notebook whenever I need it. I have not used it outside of class yet, but I feel like I definitely could in the future. I'm currently shopping for a new car, so I could save links to cars for sale. Also, using it along with Skitch, if there's anything I need to explain to someone then I could use that. Say showing where something is on a website or even where something is located on a physical item that I have taken a picture of -- all made easy with Skitch in Evernote.

As for some creative ways others have used the site, I found two of them I really like. Maybe with this inspiration, I will get some more use out of Evernote!

End of Three Fitness has a page on their site dedicated to showing people how to use Evernote to keep track of fitness. You can take pictures of your workouts and even document your progress in a personal, private notebook. What makes this convenient is that Evernote is available on many devices - as website or even as an application for Droid or Iphones, so you can post at any given time you have internet access.
Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.endofthreefitness.com/how-to-use-evernote-to-dominate-your-fitness/-+5-*--

Now this next use, while completely time consuming and as absolutely tedious as it seems, can be a very efficient idea if put into action. On the website Every College Girl, the poster suggests using Evernote to organize a wardrobe. The gist of the article is to type in an outfit that you've worn to keep it as memo - maybe to not wear the outfit again or even to repeat if you like it enough.
Here is the page: http://everycollegegirl.com/how-to-use-evernote-to-organize-your-wardrobe/

Categories:

0 comments: